Decorating your home can be quite a task. It is important to remember what to avoid and what styles and patterns go together. Here are a few tips that you can follow to ensure that your home and specifically your living room is the masterpiece you always dreamed of.
1. Mixed patterns and textures is usually a difficult look to pull off. With the right preferably simple colours, this décor can be yours. Stick to a simple set of colours and patterns in your living room.
2. If you like your furniture bright, it is best to get one or two such pieces. Too many bright colours will be too much and end up looking below par especially if you are going for a classy look.
3. Fill up your wall with rows of medium sized attached frames, preferably in two rows to create your own unique piece of art.
4. If you plan to use shiny colours such as gold or silver, combine them with colours like pink or navy blue for the perfect look.
5. If you plan to keep your furniture a single colour, make sure your walls are a neutral colour like beige or off white.
6. A neutral look does not have to be uninteresting. The use of quirky patterns and styles can bring your living room alive.
7. A fan of summer all year round? Use bright yellow and green in small amounts to bring in a sunny look!
8. Finding it hard to pick your colours? Stick to dual accents on your furniture and you won’t go wrong.